Dallas Furniture Cleaning
The Preferred Furniture Cleaning Services Pros
As the season begins to transition, many households and businesses like to implement new cleaning regimens. More specifically, locating trusted and skilled furniture cleaning services in Dallas, Texas can be quite the task. That is where we come in; Dependable Dallas Movers and Junk Removal provides more than throwing your old stuff to the curb. We can help you clean all of your residential and commercial furniture.
How to Clean Furniture in Your Home
Many consumers scour the internet on how to clean a leather sofa. In some extreme circumstances, your sofa is so sticky that it may have to be removed in time for the holidays. Or maybe an all-too-obvious squid stain appeared out of nowhere on the cream material. Whatever the reason, you need help and you need it soon. you are in the right place. Here is the best way to remove stains from furniture (i.e. sofas, leather, loveseats, etc.) Cleaning furniture is not as complicated as one might think. It is arguably one of the easier tasks compared to cleaning other household items.
- When it comes to superficial stains, the gold standard is simple. Use a damp microfiber cloth soaked in warm soapy water and apply it directly to the stain.
- Work in small circular motions, being careful not to rub or press too hard as you don’t want to damage the skin.
- Rinse with a damp cloth, dry thoroughly, then condition the skin.
See? We told you it is quite simple to remove stains from furniture!
How to Remove Mattress Stains
Nothing beats a good bed except a good, clean bed. Naturally, body oils, dust, and other airborne odors can enter your mattress. Considering that most people maintain a mattress for anywhere from 7-10 years, this can become quite the funk. Here’s how to get mattress stains out and your lovely bed refreshed.
The only thing you will need to clean your mattress is a small amount of baking soda. Most people underestimate the cleaning power and oxidation of baking soda. The amount does not have to be brand new; the baking soda in the back of your fridge will work fine. However, the fresher the amount of baking soda (NOT baking powder,) the cleaner and more deodorize your mattress will become.
- Lightly dust the baking soda over the surface area of the mattress.
- Allow the cleaning soda to settle in. This takes approximately 20 to 40 minutes to complete. The longer you allow the baking soda to absorb into the mattress, the cleaner the final result will be.
- After allowing the soda to rest, the powder may become an odd color. This means the baking soda is working!
- Using a handheld vacuum (or hose attachment,) absorb the used baking soda from the surface of the mattress.
- That’s it! Your mattress has been cleaned of oils and deodorized!
More Furniture Cleaning Hacks
We know that couches, loveseats, and pillowtop mattresses are not the only types of furniture that need cleaning. We can also assist you in removing wine stains from the carpet. Here’s what you need to know:
How to Remove Stains from Carpet
Did you know that you can also use baking soda to remove stains from your carpet? Again: never underestimate the power of good, old-fashioned baking soda.
- Using a paper towel or washcloth, lightly dab the stain. This will remove the excess moisture and shorten the type the baking soda needs to settle down the line.
- Lightly sprinkle the baking soda directly on top of the stain.
- Allow the soda to rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Using a vacuum (or a broom,) remove and discard the baking soda from the carpet stain.
If the stain remains, apply a small amount of club soda directly to the carpet stain. After dabbing up the club soda, repeat the previous steps to remove the stubborn wine stain from the carpet.
How to Treat Your Wooden Furniture
Many households (and businesses) today contain real, old-fashioned hardwood. From the floor to modern furniture, delicate wood furniture needs to be cleaned and treated to uphold its value. Here are a few tips on how to clean and treat wood furniture.
Many retail businesses sell cleaning solutions specifically designed to clean and treat wood furniture. most of these products contain lemon to clean and deodorize as well as oil to treat and polish. If you can’t get your hands on products such as Murphy’s Wood Soap or Pledge Wood Cleaning Spray, a lemon and baby oil will do the trick for now.
- Before cleaning, dust the surface with an appropriate cloth.
- Begin by applying the Pledge (or lemon zest-baby oil mixture) directly on the wood surface. Reminder: less is more. oil can be very thick when used excessively.
- Polish the solution evenly, in lateral strokes, until the entire surface is lightly coated.
- Allow the wood cleaning solution to dry.
- That’s it! You just cleaned your wooden furniture!
How to Clean Your Couch Pillows
Another forgotten set of furniture that often needs cleaning is couch pillows. Unlike bed pillows, most couch pillows should not be washed traditionally (i.e machine-washed and dried.) Here is a great way to clean couch pillows and other decorative furniture.
- Using a solution of mild soap and warm water, lightly spray the decorative pillows. Be cautious not to get the couch pillow TOO wet.
- With the help of a washcloth, lightly scrub the damp material. This will help lift the stains from the decorative pillow.
- With a different washcloth and warm water, wipe away the solution.
- Allow the couch pillow to air dry. Once dry, lightly fluff the pillow before placing back on the couch.
Ta-da! Your couch pillows have now been cleaned.
We know that furniture cleaning is not the most exciting task. Let us do it for you! Dependable Dallas Movers and Junk Removal specialize in more than junk removal. We also employ trained and insured agents who provide top-tier furniture cleaning services in Dallas. Contact us today to request a free quote for furniture cleaning services.